Behold, the Sprit of Rifflet
This is exactly the idea (or one of the ideas) we had in mind when creating this site. Take disperate musical elements. Mix/Edit/Loop. Repeat.
- Better YouTube Firefox Extension – A great way to rip .flv (Flash video) files from YouTube
- SUPER – Convert .flv files into a format your video editor can digest. Here’s a great SUPER tutorial
- Audacity – The go-to open-source audio editor
Unfortunately, there doesn’t seem to be a great open-source video editor right now. (Feel free to comment me wrong.) That being said, there are some good demos and other ways of securing a video editing app. These two are PC only, but if you’re on a Mac you already have iMovie, or ideally Final Cut Pro, which is probably the best software ever made in the history of the universe.
- Adobe Premiere – My absolute favorite; requires a free Adobe account
- Sony Vegas Pro – Never used it, but some people swear by the Vegas line
There are also lots of gray-market, below-the-table options for acquiring the above software if you’re in a pinch. Think schmit schmorrent.
Sorry software developers. To make up for it, here’s an article on the ethics of reusing material online.